written by – Rangers Report
The first week is in the books & it is time to officially release the results from my latest project. This season I plan on publishing in-depth statistics for every player, from every Scottish Premiership team.
This link will take you to a sortable table of stats. I recommend bookmarking it so you can waste tons of time at work this season.
A couple of notes:
- Players are sorted by teams & there are empty rows for a reason (that reason is to make my life easier as the season goes on)
- I still haven’t done the Aberdeen v Hamilton match. That will come in the next 24 hours. Scroll past Aberdeen to see the rest of the league.
- There are probably around 100+ columns of data so keep moving across the page to see all the data
- Team totals for all of the stats are at the bottom of the club’s section of data
As you are looking at the variety of statistics: use this GLOSSARY until you have gotten used to what the different stats mean
You can sort any category of stats by
- Putting the cursor at the top of column where the letter(s) are located
- Right Click to get the whole column highlighted
- Click ‘Sort Sheet Z → A” to sort from highest to lowest (the opposite to see the lowest to highest)
- You may see “Team Totals” but simply scroll down to the first players listed.
- I recommend hitting Control Z to get back to the original listings
Some examples of the statistics that will be published include:
- Shots & shot locations
- Shooting percentages
- Key Passes, Secondary Shot Assists, & Establishing Passes
- Expected Goals & Expected Assists
- xG Chain
- My own OSCR rating which measures the extent players contribute offensively to their team’s chances of winning
- Fenwick adjusted stats
- Scoring Chances
- Free kick shooting stats
- and more
Each team’s Expected Goals totals are also located on a separate page that is tabbed on the bottom.
The stats will be made available for FREE until September 7th. After that a one-time fee of £15 will be required to get access to the data. If circumstances change at any point & if I am unable to finish compiling the stats for the entire season than the money will be reimbursed.